2.06.2014

"10 Surprising Facts About Orgasms" Mini Series #10



Googling around about female orgasm, I quickly found an online Woman's Day (of I-honestly-don't-think-I've-ever-read-this-magazine fame) article called "10 Surprising Facts about Orgasm." Thus, the "10 Facts Series" was born so I could share my thoughts on each of these 10 list items - 1 per day for 10 days. Check HERE to see all that have been done so far. Now enjoy the final installment.
10. For most women, it takes a while…Many women take longer to climax than their male partners, and that’s perfectly normal, says Stern. In fact, according to statistics, most women require at least 20 minutes of sexual activity to climax. “If you find that your partner often reaches orgasm before you do, there are ways to help him slow down,” she says. “Mental exercises can sometimes work, and so can firm pressure around the base of the penis. If premature ejaculation is a concern, your partner may want to see a primary care doctor or urologist to find some techniques that might help.”
Yes, I think it's fair to say that in general women do tend to take longer than men to orgasms when they're doin' the nasty together, but I don't think that this should be a fact of life so complacently swallowed. Women's bodies can orgasm as quickly, easily and reliably as men's. But ladies tendency to be slow makes sense given that dudes are probably getting their dicks rubbed nicely with something warm, maybe wet, and tightish for as long as they need to come. On the other hand, women are, well, probably not getting their clits touched at at, at least not on purpose, or if they are, it's just to warm up...or if they do get their clits stimulated awesomely into an orgasm, did they get that last go round? the time before that? What would you say the percentage is?

I bet most women are not batting near as close to 1000 as their male partners, and if that's the case, then it's also no wonder why he would be more readily and quickly in the mood and aroused when a chance for some doin' it came up. It makes sense that a dude's gonna be on a speedier tract. His body and mind are likely primed for an almost surefire orgasm, but for her, it's kind of a toss, so she's gonna take a bit longer to get excited, if ya know what I mean. 




You've heard the saying that men are like microwaves and women are like crockpots in the bedroom, right? Sexperts say it all the time. Well, I'll agree with that sentiment...as long as by that one means that men and women are both microwaves, but the lady microwave is turned on from 4 feet away by pressing at the buttons using a long floppy rod of drinking straws that were connected together end to end - and then that whole situation is called "a crockpot." Oh, and "crockpot" doesn't really mean something that it is merely slower at cooking, but something that often doesn't cook at all, but when it does, it's usually slowly. I mean sometimes this crazy ol' crockpot lady thing works. I mean, almost by accident it'll cook from time to time, like when that crazy long straw thing happens to get enough pressure on the power button (or when the "crockpot" is treated by actually pushing the correct buttons with something that is actually capable of pushing the buttons). 

So...that's my take on that. 

Thanks for sticking with me on my 10 day marathon of rants about all 10 of these "Surprising Facts About Orgasm." It was kinda fun, but honestly I'm feeling like a bit of a Debbie Downer with all my rantiness, so I'm going to try and be a little more upbeat in my next few posts, cause balance is important right? Till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment