9.04.2015

5 Fun-ass Movies #DirectedByWomen



Since this is Friday, the first Friday of the Directed By Women Worldwide Viewing Party, and since I am writing a post a day for the 15 days of this sensational watching opportunity, I thought I'd give you some ideas. You see, you might want to watch a movie in celebration, but you're not sure which to watch. That's where I come in. I'll be giving you lists of 5 possibilities to help you out - all movies I've seen, and even if it was a long, long time ago when I saw them, they all have my stamp of approval. This time I''m going to focus on pure, straight up fun... Have a great #DirectedbyWomen weekend!

1 Whip It Drew Barrymore directed this one, and I saw it the theaters when it came out. I thought it was thoroughly enjoyable. I love me some Roller Derby, but my team is, of course, the WFTDA competing team in the Naptown Roller Girls - The Tornado Sirens!




2 Big - Penny Marshall directed this one. It's a blast from the past and maybe one to watch with the kids...although, maybe not. A grown woman does have sex with a 13 year old boy in it, I think. I mean he's technically in Tom Hank's body, but still...




3 Wayne's World - Penelope Spheeris directed this one, and I'll be honest. I pretty much love this movie. Wayne and Garth, man. It's Wayne's World! Party Time! Excellent!




4 She-Devil  - This one is by Susan Seidelman, who also made Desperately Seeking Susan, another good one. Now, I honestly don't remember too much about this except that I liked it. I LOVED Roseanne. I just did. I was very young the one and only time I saw it, but I feel pretty confident it's well worth a watch.




5 Mama Mia! - This one was directed by Phyllida Lloyd. Do you know what I love above all else? Sparkles. I love sparkles. I also like musicals (if they are fun and limit the sappy, bullshit romance songs). That is why I very much enjoyed seeing Mamma Mia! and I think you will too. Maybe I'm going a bit Meryl Streep heavy in this list, but it's hard not to, that lady works.


No comments:

Post a Comment