2.06.2016

Random Hite Report #16



Hello, welcome again to one of my favorite segments on the SSL blog, Random Hite Report! It's simple really. I flip through the pages of the The Hite Report: A Nationwide Study of Female Sexuality  (or sometimes The Hite Report on Male Sexuality) by a one Ms. Shere Hite and copy the contents of the page where I land - no more no less. Anyone who reads my blog will know that this 1976 book is a fave of mine; not only because of its shockingly realistic and progressive insight about the female orgasm,  but also because of its very touching insight into the lives of the women who took part in this huge, comprehensive survey. This is an under-appreciated and under-read book if you ask me.



 So, sit back, getcha a beverage, and enjoy a little...Random Hite Report...you never know what yer gonna get!

The Hite Report: A Nationwide Study of Female Sexuality Dell. 1976.
Pg. 50 From chapter "Who Answered" in the section showing women's answers to the question, "Why did you answer this questionnaire? How did you like it?"

...to find out what's really happening. And what could happen. I hope no new set of assumptions ever assumes the coercive, limited character of the old Judaeo-Christian set of assumptions. I also hoped, through answering these questions, to help jog myself out of old ruts and to get more of an idea of what sort of woman I am, sexually. Good luck to you!"
    "I liked the questionnaire. I've been doing it at work for the past week and have hurried home at five o'clock every day horny horny horny. As I've said, I've started to becoming more creative sexually because of these questions. also, I've become more insistent on climaxing, which is great."
    "I got the questionnaire from my mother-in-law's copy of Sexual Honesty, and I was moved and fascinated by the diversity of replies. Women telling it like it is! I'd never really thought before about how arrogant men are telling us what we feel or should feel. I felt for those women who wonder if there is something wrong because they don't have orgasms, as I had this problem for many years. I'm sure many women read the book and realized they were not abnormal after all!"
    "I thought this was a very good questionnaire. The different questions seem to give an opportunity to think about various aspects of sex from more than one angle. This type of study is very much needed. The book was very supportive, especially in clearing up my own feelings of uncertainty about how long it takes me to have orgasms and that I didn't have orgasms during intercourse. It was helpful to see that there do seem to be a wide differences in the amounts of stimulation and time women take to have orgasms and that many women don't have orgasms during intercourse at all, or only very rarely. The most immediate results of this for me was that I decided to ask my husband to help me have an orgasm when I wanted one during intercourse instead of not asking because I had felt maybe I was somehow asking for too much."
    "I answered because I went through such hell figuring out what was 'wrong' with me, and only after read-..."

No comments:

Post a Comment