9.12.2015

5 Documentaries #DirectedByWomen to Enjoy This Weekend!



This is my 7th 5-movie-list for the daily blogging thing I'm doing for the Directed By Women Worldwide Viewing Party. This time it's Docs. If you are feeling more comedy, check the Amy Heckerling List or the Friday Fun Movie List. If you are instead feeling dark or serious, check out the crime and bad stuff list or the Saturday Serious/Dark Comedy/Indie List or the DRAMA! List . If you want something fun to watch with the kids, check out the Family Movies List. These are all #DirectedByWomen and movies I have actually seen - there are surely a lot of other great ones out there, but sadly, I just haven't seen them all.

1 What Happened, Miss Simone - By Liz Garbus. I just saw this recently, and it's a lovely story of this intriguing and important woman.




2 Joan Rivers A Piece of Work - By Anne Sundberg and Ricki Stern.  If you don't already love you some Joan Rivers, you should. This is definitely worth a watch.





3 Science, Sex and the Ladies - Directed by me, Trisha Borowicz and the other 2/3 of AnC Movies, Charles Borowicz and Barnaby Aaron. What? Did you think I wouldn't add my own in the list? I'm proud of this bitch, and I promise you won't regret checking it out. You can find it on Indie Flix or HERE at Vimeo on Demand.




4 Magic Trip - Directed by Alison Ellwood and Alex Gibney. I recall this being quite fun and informative (cause I didn't know much about this situation). I think you will surely enjoy it.




5 American  Teen - Directed by Nanette Burstein. This follows HS kids in a town right here in the Hoosier State. It was a good doc, AND it's got local ties, baby! (Plus, she made one of my favorite docs of all time, that will probably be in tomorrow's list.)






No comments:

Post a Comment